Cruising grounds in Southern IrelandKilmore Quay is an ideal base for either day trips or short holidays cruising along the south coast.
Some suitable day trip destinations
- Saltee Islands just off Kilmore Quay.
- Dunmore East (an hour at cruising speed).
- Waterford estuary (an hour at cruising speed).
- Up the river Barrow to New Ross (est. 2.5 hours)
- Up the river Suir to Waterford (est. 2.5 hours).
Destinations further down the coast (suitable for a charter of seven days or more):
- Cork harbour including East and West Ferry, Crosshaven and Cork City).
- Union Hall
- Oyster Haven
- Lough Hyne
- Roaring Water Bay
- Cape Clear
- Fastnet Rock (a must).
Further West: (rounding Mizen Head)
- Dunmannis Bay
- Bantry Bay
- Kenmare River
- Dingle Bay
- Cruise around the Skelligs,
- Steam through Dursey Sound
- Overnight stopover on Bear Island at the beautiful Lawrence’s Cove Marina
- or overnight in Dingle Marina (meet Fungi on the way in).